Furniture in bright colors can not only be a functional and comfortable part of your Living Room, but it brings significant energy into the room, influences and inspires the inhabitants. Let’s check up today what the colors of rainbow say -> Read more.
Before you start rearranging the furniture and your home interior design, it is better to think first what style you prefer. If it is not too complicated to differ two extremes – traditional and contemporary, but it’s way tricky to catch the blurred line between transitional and those two, as it is believed to be just in-between of them.
FurniturePick has got few tricks for you today to help detect differences and to help you choose the right style for yourself. Get more information on our blog! We will keep it easy!
When buying leather furniture online you cannot see or touch it before your receive it right at your door. Just before you make a final decision on making the purchase of leather furniture, you have to get to know all the major details and if there is some information you need to know, but which is not included in the specifications on the leather furniture item we recommend to make precise inquiries.
Still, first we recommend to look through our brief guide to leather furniture! And right after reading it through you will be an expert in shopping for the leather couches, recliners and sectionals and other furnishings.
Well, let’s start. You like the general look, the style and you get down to read the specifications, and here comes the material! There may be few mentioned, and not to get lost, we will guide you. So, the material classifications:
- 100% Leather consists of top grain leather, which is supple, durable, and cleanable, in high use areas combined with split hides on the outside arms and backs (used primarily in stationary leather category)
- Leather Match upholstery features top grain leather in the seating areas with skillfully matched vinyl everywhere else (used in leather motion category)
- DuraBlend® is an exclusive trademarked brand for Ashley Furniture and features a seating area made up of a combination of Polyurethane and/or PVC, Polycotton, and at least 17% Leather Shavings with a skillfully matched combination of Polycotton and Polyurethane and/or PVC everywhere else. It provides the look and feel of 100% Leather or Leather Match at an economical price.
Due to its natural features, leather is comfortable, durable and flame resistant. It has legendary tear strength, making it one of the strongest upholstery materials and its elasticity gives it high ripping resistance. Each leather hide is unique, comes with its own distinctive natural markings and characteristics.
Ready to have a leather furniture piece or already own one? Here are the Leather Care tips for you!
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight to prevent it from fading over time
- Maintain at least two feet between your furniture and heating sources to avoid drying leather out
- Like any item, leather can accumulate dust. Remove dust particles from the surface with a soft cloth, making it ideal for dust sensitive people
- Certain types of leathers perform better when preventative maintenance is practiced.
- Use general household cleaning products. Never use chemicals or cleaning agents (such as furniture polish, ammonia, or detergent soaps) and abrasives. Avoid all products containing solvents, silicones, or oils, as they may negatively affect the leather’s surface.
Do you still have few more questions on the subject or on the special item? Do not hesitate to ask Furniture Pick team directly or you are welcome to leave comments here!
Already bought leather furniture from us? Please leave a review and feedback with the Furniture Pick!